Situated in the heart of equestrian Kyalami, Riba Stables was established in 1980.
Riba Stables is owner-managed by Barbie Gertenbach. Her children, Jasyn, Kayla and Chelsey Gertenbach, have all reached international competitive level from their beginnings at Riba. Since its founding, Riba Stables has moulded many more riders, competitive and non-competitive, into conscientious horse people.
- Owner-managed livery yard and riding school that has been in operation for 40 years
- Specialising in dressage, jumping, vaulting and equitation
- Close location to major show venues
- A variety of horses to suit any level of rider
- Knowledgeable, experienced staff
- 2 dressage arenas, 2 jumping arenas, 1 grass derby arena and 1 round ring and an indoor arena
- Top of the range arena equipment
- Paddocks with ample grazing
- 50 stables
- Instructors for beginners right up to top-level competition
- Training shows and pony camps
- SANESA school shows and assistance
FAMILY FRIENDLY YARD, CATERING FOR ALL LEVELS
From beginners aged 2 years and up to competitive adults jumping 1.50m to happy hackers, we have dedicated, caring instructors to suit any rider’s requirements.
TOP CLASS FACILITIES
We have 5 various arenas including an indoor, all-weather arena. You can opt for a large paddock for your horse or allow your social horse to join the herd in our spacious field. Our vaulting facilities are the best in the country and come complete with a fully equipped gym area.